Thursday, April 13, 2006

Spring Is Officially Declared on Spruce Creek Drive

It is now officially spring! Today is the first day for me to go outside without a coat. For those that know me well, they understand (no, that's the wrong word, they observe) my paranoia concerning colds. I hate getting a cold. And now that I'm singing all the time, it's double the "must stay warm at all costs" mania. Yeah, I probably go overboard, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. There's nothing worse than singing with all kinds of junk in your throat and chest.

So, today I started out with a jacket. About mid-morning I realized that this was massive overkill, that I was sweating like a Mohave Desert trapeze artist (I like the analogy, myself). So, I took it off and it stayed off the rest of the day. I spent quite a bit of time outside working on my yard, cleaning the car, not to mention re-training Trey on how to ride a bike, and not once did I go back. I have to tell you, it felt good!

And to further push the envelope, I also intentionally went without my hat. Folks, summer is a'comin'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY Go Keith you did it! I'm so very proud of you!! hehe.

I wish I could walk around without a coat!!! Its raining here now. And we we're suposed to get snow this weekend somtime.... I have a feeling it will never END!

_Brooke_

Anonymous said...

that was indeed an excellent analogy, i must admit! you better be careful though when you take off your hat. you could get sunburn on that so-shiny-it's-blinding-head of yours!