Friday, March 24, 2006

Give Generously to your City Parks and Recreation Dept.



Yesterday, Trey and Kassady headed to West Park with one of their favorite friends, Emme. They had a lot of fun. Lori had to peel Kassady off of the swings. There's nothing like playing at the park. I remember some good times at Green Street Park in Frankfort. I recall the first time I scaled the "big" slide. I stood unsteadily on the top rung, looking to the ground far below. If my memory serves me correctly, I stood there for about 3 minutes with all the kids lined up on the rungs below me, shouting for me to hurry up and go down. And then, I couldn't tell you how many times I fell off that little merry-go-round with the handles while it was going as fast as we 8-year olds could push it.

Of course, the cool playground was over at TPA park. They had the red caboose, the long curly slides, and that circular thing that you could go upside down in. Those were the days...

No comments: