Monday, March 06, 2006

Driving


I had my first bus-driving experience on the little "hills" of Mt. Hood (elevation: 11,237 feet). Now, we didn't go all the way to the top or anything like that, but I did navigate the outskirts. I have never driven anything larger than a 15-passenger van (I don't think Rev. Barry Arnold's tractor qualifies as a vehicle), so there were many prayers offered up as I skillfully piloted our bus around the steep grades of the mountain. The guys made subtle observations such as "Um...you might want to slow down here." "Try the jake brake." and my personal favorite, "Aaaaggghhhh!!" I handled it quite well, with the only sign of my internal stress being the large red blotches on top of my bald head and the nervous twitch I developed at the corner of my mouth. We made it without incident (if you don't count the stench of burning brakes).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job on the driving keith! i'm oh so proud. since you were gone, you probably didn't get to see the north carolina and duke game. well, let me sum it up for ya. North Carolina won! booya! lol wow, i'm glad that's out of my system. have a nice week!

Anonymous said...

Everyone knows Carolina is a 'favored' team. After all, God did make the sky CAROLINA BLUE!!!!

Keith said...

OK, I hate North Carolina, but I do think I hate Duke even more, so go Tarheels (I feel as though I just cursed).

Anonymous said...

cursed? far from it! saying that makes you sound like a better person!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember you driving my dad's tractor, but do you remember Nick coming around the barn and flying down the hill? It was so funny. Good luck driving the bus!

Keith said...

Yes, I do remember that. The rambunctious Romanian.