Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Desks and Trombones, items not normally mentioned together in a title


OK, it's been a while. Today, I indulged myself by engaging in one of my favorite activities: assembling furniture. I am a very laid-back guy, except when it comes to cobbling together pieces of wood and metal. I'm ashamed to admit that in many instances I feel compelled to ask God for forgiveness after one of the aforementioned exercises.

Well, today it went extremely well. In fact, this time it was Lori who hit the roof. Well, not really, but she was upset that I used a wrong screw and innocently drove it through the desk door. Hey, I felt like a winner! My blood pressure didn't even fluctuate.

I'll show pics later.

For now, I leave you a pic of one of my favorite trombone players: Don. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, Keith didn't mention that I gave him the wrong screw therefore, I was upset at myself that I was the cause of the problem. Oh, well, it's together with no broken screen door (related to previous post:) )

Lori

Anonymous said...

i found this to be a very interesting post. i enjoyed the story of a desk, and a picture of people playing the trombone. not so sure what they have to do with anything though! :~) very interesting indeed.

Anonymous said...

Did Don help you assemble the desk??

Did Don play the trombone for you while you were assembling the desk??

Did Don lend you his trombone while you were assembling the desk??