Thursday, March 16, 2006

Catching Up with Burley


I heard from one of my best friends in college a couple of weeks ago. Mark Burley and I traveled in quartet together for a year and laughed through several college classes. Mark is the best PR guy I have ever seen. Nobody makes friends as quickly as Mark. As an aside note, he's a serious basketball player. He's swatted several of my shots. I also traveled with Jana in choir. She was one of the greatest choir members due to her awesome personality. She laughed at my jokes, which automatically makes her a member of my inner circle.

It's great to be able to see what God is doing in the lives of my friends. Mark is coaching high school basketball at a Christian school in MO in addition to asking clients, "What can brown do for you?".

Mark reminded me of a funny story from our quartet days. Our quartet was huge, I mean HUGE! Mark was 6'7", Mike and Dave were at least 6'3", and Phil and I were 6'0". We also weighed several pounds apiece. We arrived at a church in Loveland, OH and found a sign on the platform that read "800 lbs. weight limit on platform". That night more than half a ton of flesh caused the platform to bend, but it didn't break (fortunately!).

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Hey, that's a great picture! I've been wondering what Mark and Jana were up to. Thanks!