Tuesday, November 22, 2005

When Keithie was king


Once upon a time there was a brown-haired chap who had the name Keithie bequeathed on him by his mother who had to put an "e" on the end of every name so that when she called the name, the "e" would ring and carry throughout the neighborhood (other examples of "e" names include Raydie, Lynnie, etc.). This young man was proud of his hair-spray encrusted locks, so much so that he would spend 45 minutes or more getting it right (which, as you can tell from the picture, never happened). God, seeing his obsession, blessed him with baldness. Yes, that's right. Blessed. Today, I spend approximately 20 seconds in front of the mirror, if that, and abstain from all hair-care products.

When I look at the picture, my first reaction is "Thank You, Lord, for baldness."

This picture first appeared on a recording released by the Waggoner family. The recording still exists in cassette tape form. Order one today.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should post an MP3 from this recording.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I remember those days! It seems like so long ago.

Anonymous said...

This definitely goes in the pictures-that-don't-need-a-caption pile

Anonymous said...

You know what I like about you site: pink text, that's what.

Carrie said...

Wow! That WAS a blast from the past!! I'm totally speechless!

Anonymous said...

WHOA! Lol Very nice Keith. hehe

Brooke

Anonymous said...

I love your hair in that picture!!!
Don't knock it!! That's my boy you're talking about!!

Love you,

Mom

Anonymous said...

wow keith.. you know what i still have that "CASSETTE" tape.. wow.. those were the good ole days.. i think my grandma bought that for me one year at CYM because i just loved listening to your momma and daddy sing when i was little!!!!