Friday, November 11, 2005

Revival


We're in the middle of revival this week with Rob Hartman. Man, if you've never heard him preach, you have missed it! When I was a kid, he was one of the few evangelists around who could hold my attention. He still does!

On Wednesday evening, Rob preached to us about how astonishing prayer produces astonishing results. His message was built around the story of how Peter was released from prison by an angel. The point was that we pray for God's will to be done and when it happens it many times blows away our idea of how it will and should happen.

Last night he took us through the story of Paul and Silas in the jail. He asked, "What took place in that cell before midnight?" You know, there is time unaccounted for in the story. His unauthorized version is fascinating.

Rob Hartman was the evangelist at Holiness Heritage Youth Camp in 1991 when I gave my heart to Christ. He still impacts the lives of young people. My teens have thoroughly enjoyed his ministry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is that in the top-right section of the picture? It looks like the Wright bros. were flying through.

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Keith is soo right hehe. Mr. Hartman sure does keep your attention. I have really enjoyed this revival and I can also say that my Mom, Dad, and Brother have too.

Brooke

Anonymous said...

This one's from Mom!!
I am impressed. You make me laugh, and then I cry. You know how moms are, very sentimental.(sooo wish this computer had a smiley face).

I'd love to hear Rob Hartman pray again. It's just as if
















Hey, Son,

I love your blog! What can I say. Look whose son you are, after all!

I'd love to hear Rob Hartman preach & pray again! It's as if God is right there beside him, which He is!

I loved your article about the returning servicemen. I was a bit misty-eyed,myself. When you mentioned Trey looking up at you,
and your thoughts at that particular
moment,I think the mist had developed into something a little more substantial.
Would've loved to have heard Rob pray,too. He has such a unique way of talking to the Lord!
Love you, son.

Mom










he's right there, & of course He is! I played for Rob & Joy's wedding!! Keep up your writing; I love it!

Mom