Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rah, rah, Phillies


Way to go Phillies. My wife and in laws are all ecstatic. Dave, being the Philadelphia native that he is, tipped over the coffee table in the living room and streaked through the house in his BVDs since he couldn't join the hoodlums down on Market Street who are celebrating this momentous event by stealing big-screen TVs and setting police cars on fire. Is it just me, though, or has the World Series just been boring the last few years? Yawn...

I guess if the Reds ever get back I'll get excited too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for the Phillies! When we were kids, they were one of my brother's favorite teams too so of course they were mine as well. Mike Schmidt was my favorite player. Ha! I probably just thought he was cute. I usually couldn't care less but it does make me happy to see that they won!

Anonymous said...

I agree! I love Mike Schmidt! Go Phillies!!!!

Dorcas said...

Go Phillies Go!! Being from near the Philadelphia area!! Yippee!!