Thursday, October 16, 2008

Heaven in the Real World

This evening while reading John Ortberg's The Life You've Always Wanted, I came across this quote from Elizabeth Barrett Browning's epic/novel poem Aurora Leigh:
Earth's crammed with Heaven,
And every common bush afire with God,
But only he who sees takes off his shoes--
The rest sit round it and pick blackberries.
So many times I confine my spiritual lessons to specific events in time such as Bible study, church, and prayer while missing all that He wants to teach me in the world around me, the people I interact with, the challenges I face on a daily basis. God, open my eyes to the infinite opportunities I have to see You. Help me learn from that slice of Heaven you reveal to me. Renew my mind so I can be transformed.

1 comment:

LaRona said...

I love EBB! Good stuff!