Friday, September 05, 2008

Kids and Composing

Tonight, Trey and Kassady decided to begin their foray into songwriting. Here are the results:

Let's Go Over the World

by Kassady Waggoner

The stars shine in the sky
I wanna go over the world
To see my friends
If I could go over the world to see the trees
Then I can go on an adventure
With all my friends and even you
On an adventure
So, if you wanna come
I can do it by myself
On a day if I could shine in the sky
And I could see a rainbow
So if you wanna come
Let's go over the world

I can almost hear her song on a Top 40 station. And next we have Trey's masterpiece:

I'm a Basketball Player

by Trey Waggoner

I'm a basketball player
I'm a basketball player
I can dribble, I can rebound
I can shoot, I can steal
I can be aggressive on the field
Maybe it's a court
But don't be a dork
If you mess with Trey
Then you're gonna pay
If you mess with me, the Dad
You are bad
I'm a basketball player
Maybe an All-Star
Who knows
I'm an All-Star basketball player

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I like them both. It's a blessing to have kids so imaginative.

God bless, Tommy

Barb (Glick) Kamph said...

Well I have to say, I do believe there is some talent just waiting to get out. Very good. Keep up the good work kids.

Julie Waggoner said...

Hey I want to hear your group singing those songs!