Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Call

I've been fascinated with the hows, whys, and wherefores concerning God's call for quite some time now. This is often a confusing and sometimes frustrating topic to sincere Christians. God's clear direction and calling in my life have helped me retain focus in confusing times. Have I ever doubted His calling in my life? Yes, but at the end of the day I've always been able to go back to a specific time and place where he called me to ministry. I can also point to a specific point in time where God clearly reconfirmed my call to ministry. However, I know that God calls individuals uniquely, and calls them into many different areas of life.

So, I'm embarking on a study of God's calling as represented in Scripture. I want to study the means by which he called, the emphasis of the call, and the end result of the call.

At the same time, I want to compile case studies of friends and colleagues who have been led by God to a certain occupation or ministry. If you would be willing to share your unique experience in hearing, answering, and following the call of God please email it to waggoner_keith@hotmail.com. I know that we're all busy, but your willingness to help me in my quest would be greatly appreciated. Let me emphasize that this is for God's call to any profession. I truly believe that God calls His people to be involved in many different areas of life.

I'd like to hear your story. It can be as short or as long as you want it to be. Answer this question: Is the call still relevant today? While I don't currently have any intention on publishing this, I am going to be chronicling my research and would be open to sharing it with anyone who is interested. If you want your story to remain anonymous, I'll be sure to honor your request.

Thanks for your response.

No comments: