Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Idol Chat

Amidst all the wannabe American Idol judge blathering that abounds in the blogosphere, let me add my two cents worth:
  • The winner of this year's competition will come from the guys. They consistently bring it every night.
  • I'm glad they pulled out the Beatle's songbook last night. I forgot how many great songs Paul and John have written.
  • I want to offer my thanks to America for finally getting Danny Noriega off the stage. He had a great voice, but I couldn't stand his constant posturing.
  • Last night Chikezie rocked the house. Who knew? That was a great rendition of "She's a Woman". It was a little schizophrenic, but what else do you expect when a Nigerian tries his hand at bluegrass. My favorite of the night.
  • I'm finding myself liking Jason Castro, in spite of his dreads. I enjoyed his performance last night.
  • David Cook is a great rocker. He hasn't had a bad song yet. He's my runner-up at this point.
  • Carly and Brooke both did a good job last night. Carly kind of reminded me of Bonnie Raitt in her take on "Come Together". Brooke sang one of my favorite McCartney songs, "Let It Be". A little bit pitchy, but nice. I predict that they will be the last women standing.
  • Amanda Overmyer may be the only woman who can beat up Chuck Norris. She's a little scary. From Mulberry, IN. Who would have thought it?
  • I, like half of America, can't help rooting for David Archuleta. While up to this point he's been the most consistent, last night was awful. He's only going to survive this week's cut based on his performances up till now.
Everything else was awful or forgettable at best. This is a pretty good season, though. Definitely entertaining.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I LOVED Chikezie! When the song started, I thought he didn't have a chance of pulling it off, but it ended up being incredible.

However, my pick for the guys is still Jason Castro and my pick for the girls is now Brooke White (she was my 2nd pick before). Syesha just can't seem to handle the pressure.

I have to laugh at your take on Amanda. It's right on. I'm curious to see how long she'll last. She's definitely unique.

Anonymous said...

Amanda? Are you kidding? Not only is she scary (hair and all) but she can only scream in one style of music.

Chikezie was awesome!! He really stepped it up on Tuesday. I love Brooke's heart but not sure it will take her all the way. Love Carly and David the rocker.

I too think the winner will come from the guys this year, but we'll see!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have to totally agree with you about Danny Noriega - GAG!! We cheered when he was voted off. I think that it may come down to David Archuletta and Carly as the final two; that's just our feeling! Except David needs to show he can sing more than just slow ballads.

Laura, Abby, and Alex