Friday, November 02, 2007

Same story

We're on the road again. "This is my story, this is my song..." and it will continue to be for the next week or so. There has been a lot that has happened since I last posted.

First of all, for those who pressure me to post pictures immediately or right after some special event I'm part of, forget it. I'm one of those bloggers who doesn't feel obligated to post something everyday. I post whenever I feel like it and that's just the way it is. So, Mom, give me some space! OK, OK, it's not Mom. I was just talking to a fellow blogger this past weekend who said that he feels that he owes it to his reading public to get something up everyday. You know, you don't want to lose the massive audience who oohs and aahhs over all your pictures. That just ain't me.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun to hang out with my buddies at Youth Challenge last weekend. I was able to fly in on Friday afternoon, direct the choir and the worship that night, and then fly out to meet the quartet on Saturday. I stepped down from the Youth Challenge board this past January, which by the way was a gut-wrenching decision, but the right one nevertheless. So, the rest of the board honored my years with the organization Friday night (along with Troy Keaton, who also stepped down). It made my night! They presented me with a beautiful plaque and John Manley said some kind words. I'm going to miss being a part of YC.

We're pulling up to the church in Benson, AZ so the rest of this will have to wait. There is some good stuff coming up.

1 comment:

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

You will be really missed at YC. We could tell such a huge difference in the music part of hte services this year without your "touch". They will be hard pressed to find someone to replace you!!