Monday, November 19, 2007

Boise, Broncos, and Birthdays

I had a great afternoon hanging out with Trey. I picked him up from school and we took off for the celestial city (also known in Idaho as Boise). Our first stop was at Taco Bell Arena on the Boise State campus. I had to pick up tickets for tomorrow night's Mannheim Steamroller concert. Oh yeah! I will be there. Anyway, we were close to the BSU football stadium and since Trey had never seen the field we decided to see if we could peek through a gate or something. Well, it was locked up pretty tight and we were getting ready to walk back over to our car, when I noticed that a light was on in the BSU Hall of Fame building. I went to the door and the man working in the office motioned me in. I asked if there was anyway we could get close to the field. He looked out the window and said that if the team wasn't out there practicing we could go out on the field. So, out on the field we went. Trey took off running in the end zone. He was in awe! He said, "man, this is so cool. I almost feel like Ian Johnson". I took a few pics and walked around on the blue turf myself. It was pretty incredible. After we had been out there for a few minutes the team started trickling out on the field. Trey kept looking for Ian, but we didn't see him. On our way out the door, the guy who was kind enough to let us on the field, stopped Trey and gave him a set of 2008 BSU Bronco football cards. He's been on cloud nine ever since. Enjoy the pictures:




Our real reason for traveling to Boise was shopping for my beautiful wife who celebrates her birthday. I'd tell you her age, but I'd probably die. So...

We bought her gifts and chowed down at Arbys. It was a great night. There's nothing I'd rather do than spend time with my family. To be honest, out of everything I do on a daily basis (my ministry, my work, whatever) it's my time spent with Lori, Trey, and Kassady that is most valuable to me. I'm blessed.

No comments: