Monday, August 20, 2007

See what you missed?

We had a fun weekend out in Oregon. Here are a few uncensored pics from the road:

It really is a tough life we lead on the road...Thanks to Dan (and a friend; you know who you are) we now have two leather easy chairs in the front lounge. I'm usually ensconced in one of the chairs, either getting some work done on my laptop (sometimes) or controlling the bus media content (notice who's holding the remote). Thank God it's almost college football season!

Doran got caught in the act of hitting me in the head with his microphone by a photographer at our Wood Village, OR concert. He declares that he just barely tapped me on the head, but I'm here to tell you that it was more than a tap! I will get even...


Of course, when you see Doran in person, it's hard to hold him responsible for anything. I think his ticket's punched for Heaven, if you know what I mean. Most of his bus activity involves those thick crayons.


Every once in a while, Royce feels inspired to help Dan out on the bus cleaning. He gets such joy out of doing the most menial of work. God help him!

We are really becoming quite accomplished at our intricate choreography. Doran spends quite a bit of time watching "Dancing with the Stars". His lurching, lunging footwork leave much to be desired, however.

I have become quite comfortable in my on-stage participation. Dan and I carry the load of laughing. Fortunately, Royce and Doran come up with new material every concert to keep it fresh. I really do feel that I am one of the best laughers in Southern Gospel music. I guess you could say it's a gift.

Every once in a while, we'll let the audience ask us questions about Liberty, what we do, how much it costs to fill up the bus, etc. Dan really enjoys this part of the concert, calmly responding to each query.


You can always spot those certain individuals who feel that the late 70s and early 80s defined cool.


Coming soon to an asylum near you...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took a second or third look and see more each time and looking forward to the time when it is in person,but the concert is not in an area near me. Shelby

Boog said...

Waiting for when y'all visit the asylum near us!! :-) Hey, if I can put up with Doran for the years I did... you guys can handle it now and when you're running from the flying bed pan!

Anonymous said...

Do you suppose Gwen would share more of that story of flying bedpans with us? S.D.