Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Food Network presents...


I am currently home alone. Lori and the kids are in Pennsylvania with her parents (who haven't seen Trey and Kassady for 3 years) which means that I am living the bachelor life.


It has given me the opportunity to cook for myself, which rarely happens. So, I've been getting by. Tuesday night was Italian night with agnoletti with light alfredo sauce, a tossed salad, and breadsticks. Wednesday's lunch featured veggie-cheese sandwiches with a mango and green tea on the side. Wednesday's supper was baked Mediterranean cod and asparagus. Yum, yum! This morning I got up early to prepare a special breakfast casserole that would knock your socks off: eggs, goat cheese, and spinach. Today's lunch was orzo risotto with roasted vegetables. The feta cheese just put it over the top. Then, tonight was my crowning achievement: salmon with matzo crust, steamed green beans, and a lemon. Incredible!




Ha, ha, ha! I'm having a hearty laugh as I look over what I just typed. First of all, I don't even understand what I just described. I copied it from Lori's "Better Homes and Gardens" magazine that was found on the kitchen counter. Secondly, I wouldn't even think of imbibing the above-mentioned culinary wonders. Truth is I've been surviving on frozen pizza, Pop-tarts, warmed-up chicken corn soup, and Taco Bell. I am begging God to make the time pass quickly. I am also downing quite a few Pepcid AC.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

As I sat reading your culinary capers, I said to myself, "There's no way Keith would eat that! Mediterranean Cod??" I'm relieved to see that I was right!

Anonymous said...

That was hilarious! Although, I wondered about the salad, veggie-cheese sandwich, roasted vegetables and spinach? I have sat at many a table with you,Keith, and I know how much you don't like vegetables!!

I made a "food network" meal the other day, and it was fabulous:
"Chicken Artichoke Stuffed Shells with Aribiatta Sauce".

I will pray that you survive until Lori gets home and can resume the cooking duties.

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to think that maybe the world of gospel music wasn't your true calling - you should have been a chef! But about half way through I realized you weren't serious. It all does sound good though...
Shanna

Esther Hilling said...

Can't beat frozen pizza! We enjoyed listening to the quartet you are singing with. If you are ever in the Michigan area, and need a place to sing, let me know! Esther says to tell Lori hello for her.

Unknown said...

Hey Keith- you're not going to believe what GBS just got today! 4 brand new - beautiful copper timpani! Just wanted to let you know- seeing as you taught me everything you knew (or didn't know) about playing them! :o) Liz (Schafer) Tyler

Beth and Jeremy Glass said...

My favorite show on the Food Network is "Boy Meets Grill". The best part is marinating the squid and then grilling it in an orange glaze with some rosemary and thyme...I just made up the rosemary and thyme part...and the orange glaze...and maybe the squid.