Friday, June 16, 2006

Catching you up-to-date

We had a fabulous Homecoming concert this evening with Phil Cross, Testament, Jamie Thietten, and the phenomenal Homecoming choir directed by the unimitable Gerald Van Order. It featured the debut of Crossing a mixed trio consisting of Phil Cross, his wife Rebecca, and another lady who has been a family friend of the Cross family. They had an outstanding first outing! Their style is the melding of Southern Gospel with vertical praise. Awesome! I will soon be posting a review of their new CD.

We're heading off to 3 more concerts this weekend with Crossing in Wendell, ID; Caldwell, ID; and Baker City, OR. After a week of all-day studio sessions and evening rehearsals my voice is weary. God has been good to me, though. I can at least still sing.

I'll be posting a more in-depth concert review next week. Stay tuned.

By the way, be listening for a new song penned by Doran Ritchey and Phil Cross entitled "I'm His" which will be on our new CD (coming out in September or so). I love the material on our new album already, but I think this song is on a whole other level from everything else.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh! wanna know something super awkward? in elementary my principal's name was Gerald Van Order!!! i would be ultra creaped out if it was the same guy!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Keith!
The concert was REALLY good.
I was bummed that I missed so much. I love Jamie she's sooo good at what she does.
Anyway. I it was really awesome seeing you again TOO!

-Brooke-

Anonymous said...

now tell me, does this so-called Gerald Van Order have gray hair? i am very intrigued with this whole situation so you should probably tell me if it's the same guy.

Anonymous said...

How awesome for you to have been in a concert with Phil Cross. He has written some beautiful songs!!

Anonymous said...

As a solo artists, Phil Cross is just okay. When he was with Genesis, he was much better.

Anonymous said...

"I Can't Dance" is a great song/album.