Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Thursday Update

Well, it's back to prison for me. You knew that sooner or later this would happen. Actually, Liberty is privileged to sing at the Idaho state prison this evening. It will be a different type of concert, but I'm looking forward to it.

We've been practicing like fiends this week trying to get ready to tomorrow's studio session. Hopefully, we will walk away tomorrow having recorded the vocals for 3 tracks: "Jericho Road", "I Found it on My Knees", and "Hold to God's Unchanging Hand". My voice feels shot due to allergies, but I'll see if I can muster up enough ummph for 3 songs.

I'm also in the midst of working on AYC stuff (that's Appalachian Youth Camp). Unfortunately, I can't be there this year due to a schedule conflict, but I still have to get the communications department up and running. Man, I hate to miss it. We were hoping to do a live DVD/CD with the choir and AYC praise team this summer, but I guess we're putting it off until next year. Tony Mac will be directing the choir in my absence, which means I'm probably out of a job. You know how that goes: ya' miss one year and you're back to rookie status.

I'll try to have some pics up tomorrow of the recording session. We'll see how disciplined I am.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tony Mac!! Really?! I love that guy. His solo stuff is good, but at his prime when he was with DC Talk, he could not be beat.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I don't think that AYC will be able to operate this year, Keith. They'll probably have to cancel it until next year. Dennis & I are only going to be there from Sunday evening until possibly Tuesday. Brett is in the Air Force and is coming home the first day of camp. I hate the thought that we won't be able to be at the airport when he comes in. When I called Ray & told him, I didn't feel so bad, because he told me he wasn't getting there until during the night on Monday. How can there possibly be Youth Camp without the Prez, Choir Director and Registrar's???????? Before it's all said and done, we'll be getting the call that it's cancelled until next year. Just wait and see. Then we won't feel so bad, Keith, and we'll end up with our old jobs back!! hahahaha!

Keith said...

Dorcas, now that I know that you and Dennis won't be there either, I'm positive we'll have to cancel camp. Who will Jack ramble to? Who will accompany Jack on the Andyblance? This isn't good at all.

Anonymous said...

Next thing you know. we'll get the sad news that Jack the Hooker won't be able to be there either. Oh, my!! That would be a catastrophe!! You're right, just who will take all of his grief in the office. Oh, I feel sorry for them whoever it is! And I know that Dennis never thought about not being there to ride the Andybulance and Jack & he are also on the same ball field. And just who will take Dennis' place at calling the ballgames on Friday at camp? These are things that the board never thought about taking into consideration when you guys all met at your last board meeting!! We've got to make an S.O.S. call to Ray and the rest of the board.

P.S. I hope you have a great weekend traveling. I check out your blog regularly. I want to start one, but haven't got around to it yet! Tell Lorie & the family hello for us!