Friday, April 28, 2006

Great Western Quartet Convention



Here are a few pictures of us on the stage last evening. They aren't the clearest in the world. Diane got as close as she could without blocking someone's view, but still had to zoom in quite a bit. With the lights going everywhere it was hard to get a good shot. We had a great time!

We started off with a beautiful worship song, "We Seek Your Presence". We also did 2 more songs off of our album "Do You Know Him?", both written by Phil Cross.

I have been confused more times in the last 12 hours with Phil Cross. I guess people have trouble seeing more physical features than hair (or lack thereof). I finally quit trying to explain that I wasn't Phil. I'd just go with the flow and answer as if I was Phil. Claude Hopper walked up and said "Phil, do you know where the elevator is?" I started to explain that I wasn't Phil, but then said why not? "I think it's down that way, Claude".

When we got done with our songs, Royce said "That song was just written by our new tenor, Phil Cross." Anything to get a good laugh. When I walked off the stage, Phil was waiting for me. He said, "Hi, Phil. My name's Phil. Good to meet you."

We closed with an upbeat song "Good Time in the Lord". That song has a joyful tune with some great lyrics. The crowd responded to the message and came to their feet in praise.

People have been extremely friendly. Two groups that I have enjoyed hanging out with are Legacy V and the Beene Family. Frank Seamonds, the tenor for Legacy V, is one of the most genuinely friendly guys I've met. Just a great guy! Roger Bennett was able to make it to this trip and it's been a privilege to be with him. If you have never heard of, or checked out, The Beene Family you need to (http://www.thebeenefamily.com/index.htm). They are sincere about their ministry and God is using them in a great way. They are a bunch of great guys, as well.

We're having a great time, so far. It's been a blast to hang out with Dad and Bobby. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Looks like alot of fun!
The pics are great! I am hopeing that I can come to the concert you having in Twin Falls next month.

:Brooke:

Anonymous said...

Hey Phil...i mean keith! :~)

Anonymous said...

My goodness, you should have heard the sound coming from Liberty at the convention! What an amazing time and what a great sound. Anyone who hasn't heard them lately is really missing out.