Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A glimpse of the past


Yesterday I was thrilled to receive the hot-off-the-press DVD "Allegiance, LIVE". Filmed among the beautiful cornfields of Noblesville, IN this release features the powerhouse vocals of this immensely popular trio. This was a special evening as it also featured the talents of a bass vocalist, Mike Mater. Mike actually added some legitimacy to our music. If only he could have emceed.

Our trio found ourselves in numerous awkward, perplexing, and downright hilarious situations. Who can forget the concert in a humongous high school auditorium with 26 people in attendance? That number 26 included the members and bands of the three featured groups and assorted family members. I don't know if I have ever laughed so hard in my life as I did that night at the ludicrousness of the whole experience.

While we enjoyed singing and rehearsing together, the real fun of our short traveling stint was our after-concert critiques of ourselves. Man, those were the days.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phil Cross and Poet Voices - Keith Waggoner and Allegiance!!!

Loves to stand out and needs the attention!!!

Keith said...

You didn't miss much. Maybe I can make you a copy of the DVD. You would enjoy it. With much laughter, you would enjoy it. I'm not sure why I was wearing the gray suit. I also didn't wear hair that day. Maybe I do have a need to stand out.

Jon Plank said...

Man, I can't believe I was poofing my hair like that. Gross.

Jon Plank said...

originally my hand was on the chair and I thought that pose didn't look right so I photoshopped in the edge of the chair over my right hand. Everything had to be just so in the circles in which we were traveling, as you well know.

Keith said...

The poof was very en vogue at the time. Jon, you were the height of fashion. As you can tell from this picture, we were very image-conscious.

Aaron said...

Keith, where was your poof? Just kidding.

Jon Plank said...

The picture typifies our concerts--us in a sea of empty chairs.