Monday, January 30, 2006


While Marc and Melvin got things set up, I asked Brent about some input concerning one of my original compositions. The song is "Let's Go Out West". Here are the lyrics, complete and unabridged:

Let's go out west
Where the people rest
Where the cattle's in the field
With the fence all around
Let's go out west
Where the people rest
Where the cattle's in the field
All eating on grass

Brent recommended changing the substituting the word "hay" for "grass". He's pure genius.

(I actually wrote this song at a young age; I had my mom push a pencil and a piece of paper under the bathroom door so I could write down the lyrics)

3 comments:

Jon Plank said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jon Plank said...

I decided to remove my previous comment and make a new one. All day since I left that snide "Wow!" I've been feeling as if I missed out on an opportunity to contribute to society. So here's a second verse. I feel a bit vulnerable about my work, so please, only reject it in a tasteful fashion.

Let's go back east
Where the people feast
Where the cattle's in the pot
With the veggies all around
Let's go back east
Where the people feast
Where the cattle's in the pot
All stewin' Au Jus

How about that French phrase in the last line!

Carrie said...

Um Keith, that's not the original version is it? I remember it a slightly different way (with some drawn out phrases?). It also seems like you had a few more verses than that, too. Great! Now I'll have that stupid tune going through my head all day!